Fresh, zesty flavours come to life in this Italian-style vegetarian pasta. Ricotta cheese, makes a great accidental sauce once mixed with hot pasta and herbs.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300 g pasta shapes
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 50 g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted
- 250 g tub ricotta
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the shallot and zucchini for 8 mins until softened. When they are just beginning to colour, add the garlic and cook for 2 mins more.
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain, reserving a little of the water. Tip the pasta into the zucchini pan with the basil, lemon zest, Parmesan and pine nuts. Season, dot over the ricotta and mix gently so that you don’t break it up too much. Serve sprinkled with extra Parmesan, if you like.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||63.6 g|
|- Sugars||8.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.4 g|