Serve up a juicy grilled steak with a piquant South American sauce of parsley, oregano, garlic and chilli - and chips, of course. A great recipe for two.
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp oregano, fresh or dried
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- juice ½ lemon
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 × 125 g rib-eye or sirloin steaks
- roasted frozen oven fries, to serve (optional)
- Fresh salad, to serve (optional)
- To make the chimichurri, blitz the parsley, oregano, garlic, shallot and chilli flakes in a food processor or chop very finely by hand. Add 2 tbsp of the olive oil, the lemon juice, vinegar and some seasoning, and pulse to combine everything to a saucy consistency.
- Rub the remaining oil and a little seasoning into the steaks. Heat a griddle or frying pan and cook the steaks for 2-3 mins on each side or until done to your liking. Rest for a few mins, then spoon over the sauce and serve with fries and salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||4.7 g|
|- Sugars||1.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|