A simple fish dinner gets doused in flavour thank to a salsa of cajun spice, mango, red onion, chilli and coriander. A dash of lime juice perfects this plate!
- 4 whole sea bream or mackerel, descaled and cleaned (ask your fishmonger to do this)
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 200 g green beans
- steamed rice, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C. Make 3-4 slashes on each side of the fish. Rub in the seasoning, lime zest and oil, making sure you get it right into the slashes and the cavity. Place on a baking tray lined with foil and bake for 12-15 mins or until just cooked through.
- Turn the grill to high and cook for 2-3 mins more to char the skin. Cover and rest for a few mins.
- For the salsa, mix the mango, chilli, avocado, spring onions, coriander and lime juice, and season. Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 4 mins, then drain. Serve the fish with rice, beans and salsa.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.4 g|
|- Sugars||7.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.5 g|