These hot dogs are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Piled high with sweet chilli onions, they make perfect party food or a snack for your 4th of July celebrations.
- 4 fat sausages (sweet chilli you can get them)
- 2 onions – red, white, or one of each
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 hot dog buns
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan. Spread the sausages in a roasting tin and cook for 20-25 mins, turning, until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, fry the onions in a splash of oil over a high heat until almost softened and browning. Stir in the sweet chilli sauce and tomato purée with some seasoning, and cook for 1 min more.
- Split the hot dog buns, add a spoonful of the sweet chilli onions, top with a sausage, then a spoonful more onions.
Source recipe pdf file: https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/prod-foodiful-recipe-import/GFO_0612_p23_EDayOpen6/GFO_0612_p23_EDayOpen6.pdf
NutritionalInformation: PER SERVING 331 kcals, protein 12g, carbs 35g, fat 16g, sat fat 5g, fibre 3g, sugar 9g, salt 2.9g
Price: 83p per person
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.1 g|
|- Sugars||15.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|