For a quick and healthy lunchbox idea, grab a smoked fish of your choice and mix together this delicious salad that will have you wanting more in no time.
- 175 g small chat potatoes
- 200 g smoked mackerel fillets or hot-smoked salmon fillets, skin removed
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 140 g small cooked beetroots, sliced into wedges
- 1 small bunch dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice 1 lemon, zest of ½
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- Place the potatoes in a small saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 15 mins or until fork-tender. Cool and cut into thick slices.
- Flake the mackerel or salmon into a bowl and add the cooled potatoes, spring onions, beetroot and dill.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, caraway seeds and some seasoning. Pour over the salad and toss everything well to coat. Scatter over the lemon zest. Pack into plastic containers and chill, or eat straight away.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.6 g|
|- Sugars||7.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.4 g|