Black beans make great salad bases – mix them with avocado, tomato and coriander in this Latin American-style, vegan salad. It's a fabulous main course salad.
- 3 flour tortillas, cut into crouton-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Cajun or Mexican seasoning mix
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 400 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 200 g pack cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves only
- Heat oven to 200C. Place the tortilla pieces on a baking tray, toss with the oil and the seasoning mix, then cook for 10-12 mins until crisp. In a large bowl, toss the iceberg, beans and tomatoes. Toss the avocado in the lime juice and add to the bowl.
- Drizzle over your chosen dressing and toss to coat all the ingredients. Top with the croutons and coriander, then serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.0 g|
|- Sugars||6.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||15.3 g|