Simple to cook and full of flavour, the creamy sauce is the perfect addition to your chicken & veg dinner. Finished to perfection, it'll become a fam favourite!
- 500 g baby new potatoes, halved
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 1 small bunch tarragon
- 175 g asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tbsp reduced-fat crème fraîche
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 8-10 mins until tender, then drain and keep warm in the pan. Season the chicken with ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Gently fry the chicken with the onion and garlic for 5 mins until both are lightly browned. Turn over the chicken once and stir the onion regularly.
- Pour over the stock, add 2 sprigs of tarragon and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5 mins, then turn the chicken, add the asparagus and cook for 3 mins more. Chop the remaining tarragon.
- Stir the crème fraîche and tarragon into the pan with the chicken and heat through, stirring, for a few secs. Serve with the new potatoes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.5 g|
|- Sugars||2.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.4 g|