Move over stuffed potato! Why not spice up your dinner tonight with a healthy stuffed capsicum instead. You'll be surprised by how easy it is to make (and eat)!
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 175 g chestnut mushrooms, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 semi-dried tomato pieces in oil, drained well
- 50 g dried white breadcrumbs
- 25 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 tsp fresh pesto
- 2 small red or yellow capsicum
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and stir-fry the mushrooms over a high heat for 5 mins. Season with a good grind of black pepper and remove from the heat. Stir in the garlic, tomato pieces, breadcrumbs, walnuts, chopped parsley, chilli flakes and pesto until thoroughly combined.
- Cut the capsicum in half from top to bottom. Carefully remove the seeds and membrane. Place in a small foil-lined roasting tin and fill with the mushroom stuffing. Cover the surface of the stuffing with a small piece of foil. Bake for 35-40 mins until tender.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.6 g|
|- Sugars||11.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.5 g|