Step brunch up a notch and impress your guests by making your own fresh, piquant tomato sauce to accompany these delicious breakfast burgers. Save some for us!
- 12 Cumberland sausages
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large soft white or wholemeal baps
FOR THE SAUCE
- 4 large, ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a large pan. Cook over a medium-high heat for 10-12 mins until most of the liquid has evaporated and the tomatoes have broken down, leaving you with a thick, spoonable sauce.
- Squeeze the sausagemeat from the skins and shape into 4 flat patties. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the patties for 4 mins each side, squashing them down with the back of a spatula, until crisp and golden on both sides. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat the grill. Crack the eggs into the pan and cook to your liking. Meanwhile, slice open the baps and lightly toast, cut-side up, under the grill. Add a spoonful of the spicy tomato sauce to each bap, then a sausage patty, then top with a fried egg.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||39.6 g|
|- Sugars||8.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.9 g|