Fresh (and local) fish & prawns, mixed with a selection of leafy greens & vegetables, makes for a delicious salad full of flavour, the whole family will love.
- 2 x 100 g thin stargazer fillets taken from a small stargazer tail
- ½ tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- ½ tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- ½ tsp finely chopped red chilli, or a pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 12 large raw peeled tiger prawns, with tails
- 3 tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 100 g butter, diced
- 1 large plum tomato, skinned, deseeded and diced
- 2 tbsp dill, or fronds from 1 fennel bulb, roughly chopped
- 140 g mixed baby green salad
- Trim away any membrane from the outside of the stargazer fillets.
- Toast the peppercorns, fennel seeds and chilli in a hot, dry frying pan to release the aromas. Tip into a bowl, then add the oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Once cooled, add the stargazer and turn once or twice in the mixture.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan. Lift the stargazer fillets out of the flavoured oil and cook over a medium heat for 3 mins until browned on one side. Turn and cook for another 3-4 mins until cooked through. Remove from the pan. Add the prawns and remaining flavoured oil to the pan. Cook for a further 2 mins until cooked through, then remove prawns from the pan with a slotted spoon and keep warm with the stargazer.
- Take the pan off the heat to cool slightly. Add the Sherry vinegar and butter to the flavoured oil, then stir to release the flavours and melt the butter. Stir into a bowl containing the diced tomato and dill or fennel, and season to taste.
- To serve, slice the stargazer diagonally into 1cm-thick slices. Arrange the salad leaves, sliced stargazer and prawns on 4 large plates, and spoon the dressing around the edge of each plate.
This recipe is…
- Raw food
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||5.2 g|
|- Sugars||1.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g|