As homemade bread is becoming more and more popular, we thought we'd share this easy to make, 5 ingredient loaf – it'll taste just like one from the bakery!
- 500 g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 7 g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 ml tepid water
- Mix the flour, yeast and salt. Add the olive oil and gradually stir in the tepid water, adding only enough to make a soft dough. Knead with a dough hook in a tabletop mixer for about 7 mins, or using your hands on a lightly floured surface for about 10 mins, until the dough feels bouncy and looks silky rather than dimpled. Put in an oiled bowl, cover and leave to rise until doubled in size.
- Oil a 2lb loaf tin. Knock back the dough by kneading the air out of it, then gently mould the dough into a thick sausage. Drop into the tin, cover and prove for 1 hr more until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan. Dust the loaf with flour and cut a slash in the top with a sharp knife. Bake for 30-35 mins until golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped underneath. Cool on a wire rack.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||359.4 g|
|- Sugars||8.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.2 g|