This rocking roulade is just what your Sunday afternoon tea needs! With a zesty twinge and a hint of nuttiness, you'll go crazy for it.
- 4 large egg whites
- 225 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 50 g ground almonds
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 6 tbsp lemon curd
- 1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- 3 strawberries, halved, to decorate
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan and line a Swiss roll tin (about 23 × 30cm) with baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff. Slowly add the sugar, still whisking, until stiff and glossy.
- Fold in the almond extract, vinegar and ground almonds until lightly incorporated. Pour into the Swiss roll tin and smooth over, tapping the tin to remove any big air bubbles.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until the top is golden and feels firm and set. Remove from oven, cover with baking parchment and a damp tea towel. Leave to cool.
- To serve, whip the cream until thick. Spoon a third into a piping bag and set aside. Invert the roulade onto a large sheet of baking parchment sprinkled with icing sugar. Carefully peel off lining paper and spread over the lemon curd, then spread over the rest of the cream.
- Roll up carefully, using the paper to help you. Pipe the remaining cream on top of the roulade, and decorate with flaked almonds and strawberry halves.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.3 g|
|- Sugars||37.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.1 g|