Orzo, rice-sized pasta, is often used in soup. But, there are many more dishes you can make that include orzo. Try this lovely bake – it'll become your new fav!
- 200 g baby zucchini, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 zucchini (just under 500g weight), coarsely grated
- 500 g bag orzo
- 1 small glass white wine, if you have it
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 85 g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- 1 slice white bread, whizzed to crumbs
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan. Toss the baby zucchini with half the oil in a roasting tin and roast for 10 mins, until the zucchini are starting to colour.
- Reduce oven to 180C/160C fan. Heat the remaining oil and butter in your largest frying pan and soften the onions and garlic gently. Add the grated zucchini, and turn up the heat. Cook until softened. Stir in the orzo and wine, if using, for a minute, then turn off the heat and stir in the stock, most of the Parmesan and some seasoning.
- Transfer to a baking dish and arrange the baby zucchini on top. Bake for 15 mins, take out of the oven and scatter with breadcrumbs and the remaining Parmesan and bake for 10 mins more. Eat immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||52.8 g|
|- Sugars||6.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.5 g|