Unite the flavours of summer – this dressing works brilliantly with crisp cucumber and fennel! You could serve the remoulade as a starter with liver pâté, too.
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 175 g mayonnaise (we used a 180ml jar)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp small capers, drained
- 400 g dark sourdough loaf, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- a mix of cured ham and salami, to serve
- Peel and cut the cucumber in half lengthways, then scoop out seeds with a teaspoon and discard. Slice the flesh into thin half-moons. Toss with ¼ tsp salt and set aside for 30 mins to draw out excess juice. Shred fennel thinly. Mix mayo, mustard, lemon zest and juice, parsley, capers and some pepper. Pat cucumber dry, then mix with fennel and dressing. Can be made a few hours ahead, keep chilled.
- Toast the bread either on a dry griddle pan or under the grill, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Let everyone build their own tartine, topping the bread with ham or salami and remoulade.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.5 g|
|- Sugars||2.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.2 g|