Perfect for even the busiest of nights, this healthy seafood dish will satisfy your needs, leaving a light and zesty lemon flavour in your mouth. Yum!
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 75 ml mirin (see tip below)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 lemon, juice ½, ½ sliced
- 250 g basmati rice, rinsed in cold water
- 4 x 140 g pieces cod
- 3 cm piece ginger, shredded
- 1 red chilli, sliced, deseeded if you like
- small bunch spring onions, sliced
- Pour the soy, mirin and sugar in a small saucepan with the lemon juice. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins until slightly syrupy. Remove and set aside.
- Put the rice in a large saucepan and cover with water, about 450ml. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cook for about 5 mins – the rice should have absorbed about ¾ of the water. Place the fish fillets on top.
- Sprinkle each with ginger, chilli and a slice of lemon. Season, cover and cook for about 5 mins, until the fish and rice are cooked through. Serve with a drizzle of the sauce and sprinkled with the spring onions.
If you can’t get mirin, use white wine or rice vinegar instead and add an extra 1 tbsp sugar.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||69.6 g|
|- Sugars||17.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.0 g|