This cafe-style crab pasta may look a little bit fancy, but it's actually super simple. Chilli flakes, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil make it a flavour hit.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 x 170 g cans white crab meat, drained
- 200 g spaghetti
- 1 tsp capers, drained and rinsed
- handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and chilli flakes. Cook until just pale golden, then add the tomatoes. Cook 3 mins more on a high heat until the tomatoes start to break down a little. Add the lemon juice and cook for 1-2 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the crab to warm through – not too much or it will break up.
- Boil the pasta in a large pan of salted water following pack instructions then drain. Mix the pasta in the warm pot with the sauce, lemon zest and capers, and toss the basil through.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.8 g|
|- Sugars||3.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.4 g|