Treat yourself and the vegetarians in your life to something different. This variation of the Japanese dish called Ganmodoki, will keep everyone happy.
- 1 carrot, grated
- bunch spring onions, sliced, plus extra strips to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 cm piece ginger, grated
- 400 g block firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Combine all the ingredients except the oils in a large bowl with some seasoning and mix well. Heat both the oils in a frying pan. Grease an 8cm metal pastry ring or cookie cutter and place in the pan. When hot, pour 5 tbsp of the batter in and turn the heat down to medium.
- Cook 4-5 mins until golden, then take off the ring (be careful, as it may be hot), flip the pattie and cook the other side. Do this in batches, keeping finished patties warm in a low oven. Serve with the chilli sauce and extra spring onions, if you like.
You could make these patties bite-size for a vegetarian canapé, or simply one large one – like a frittata with a twist.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||2.1 g|
|- Sugars||1.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.1 g|