This twist on strawberries & cream transforms the fruit into a dinner-party dessert in 10 minutes! Quick & easy to make, you'll want to save room for seconds.
- 400 g strawberries, hulled
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp rosé wine
- 170 ml tub thickened cream
- 4 strawberry leaves, to decorate
- Halve the strawberries and put them in a bowl with the sugar and wine. Mix well, then set aside at room temperature for about 40 mins – this will make the strawberries really juicy.
- Use a slotted spoon to put the fruit into 4 large wine glasses, then pour the cream into the juices left in the bowl.
- Whip the cream and juice until it holds its shape, then spoon on top of the fruit. Decorate with a strawberry leaf if you like. Don’t make these too far ahead as chilling spoils the flavour. Keep in a cool place for up to 1 hr until ready to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||24.8 g|
|- Sugars||22.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|