Stuck for ideas for date night? Pour a glass of your favourite rosé, grab a generous portion of this moreish fruity dessert, and your romantic night is sorted!
- 50 g caster sugar
- 50 g soft butter
- 1 large egg
- 50 g self-raising flour
- 50 g desiccated coconut, plus 2 tsp
- 50 g crème fraîche, plus extra to serve
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 180 g punnet of blueberries
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan. Beat the sugar and butter until pale and creamy, then beat in the egg. Stir in the flour, coconut, crème fraîche and lemon zest.
- Put most of the blueberries in a baking dish (about 18cm square-ish) and squeeze over the juice from half the lemon. Dollop on the cake mixture and scatter over the remaining blueberries and 2 tsp coconut. Bake for 35-40 mins until golden, risen and the sponge is cooked. Serve with a dollop more crème fraîche.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||32.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||58.4 g|
|- Sugars||37.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.4 g|