Delicious & fresh, this salad is the way to go. Roasted capsicum from a jar make a great substitute – try 2 small jars or 1 large one to get a similar amount.
- 6 mixed capsicum
- 400 g pasta shapes
- 3 tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 × 185 g cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 390 g jar black olives, drained
- handful rocket leaves
- Heat grill to High. Put the capsicum on a baking tray and grill until blackened, turning often to evenly colour. Put into a bowl covered with plastic wrap to cool.
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions, then drain and cool under cold running water. Set aside. Make the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, oil and some salt and pepper. Stir in the capers, then fold half through the pasta and tip onto a platter.
- Once the capsicum are cool enough to handle, peel off the blackened skin. Remove the seeds, slice the flesh into strips and add to the pasta. Flake on the tuna and scatter the olives and rocket on top. Finish with the remaining dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||53.0 g|
|- Sugars||4.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.2 g|