Give your normal pesto pasta a twist with this recipe. For a speedier version of this dish, use a jar of pesto – try a classic basil or a rocket-based version.
- 500 g bag new potatoes, halved
- 400 g pasta shapes
- 225 g green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
FOR THE PESTO
- 1 large bunch mixed herbs (use whatever you have, such as basil, chives, dill, mint, parsley, or rocket – about 25g in total)
- 3- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- zest 1 lemon, plus a squeeze of juice
- 50 g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra shaved, to serve
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 5 mins. Add the pasta and cook following pack instructions. Add the green beans 3 mins before the end.
- Meanwhile, in a mini chopper or small food processor, blitz the pesto ingredients until roughly chopped.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and tip back into the pan. Toss through the pesto and crème fraîche and divide into bowls. Serve with shaved Parmesan on top.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||59.2 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|