A spicy twist to a tasty pasta feast – with zucchini & lemon adding summer flavours, you will instantly want more! Don't want spicy? Remove the chilli.
- 4 large zucchini
- 500 g pack tagliatelle
- 8 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, if you like, and finely chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 75 g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- 4 tbsp thickened cream
- zest 1 lemon
- Coarsely grate the zucchini, then place in a sieve over a bowl. Press to squeeze out all the liquid – this may take a few mins, but try to drain away as much as you can.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick frying pan, then dry-fry the bacon, stirring often, until crisp. Add the chilli and cook for 1 min more, then tip in the courgettes and cook on a high heat for 2-3 mins.
- Mix together the egg yolks, cheese, cream and lemon zest. When the pasta is cooked, drain it, reserving a little of the cooking water. Tip everything back into the pasta pan and toss together. Divide into bowls to serve, with extra Parmesan.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||100.0 g|
|- Sugars||13.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|