Whether you’re planning a picnic or making a batch for your fam, what could be better than these herby little savouries? Best part – there's only 4 ingredients!
- 375 g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 8 good-quality pork sausages
- 1 small bunch sage, leaves only
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan. Cut the pastry sheet into 8 equal squares.
- Skin the sausages, then lay the meat from one sausage in the middle of a pastry square. Put 2 sage leaves on top. Brush a little egg on one side then seal the pastry squares using your fingers to create a crimped edge. Repeat to make 7 more.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking tray, brush with more egg and bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for a few mins then run a palette knife underneath to loosen the sausage rolls. They can be eaten hot or cold. For a picnic, simply cool and pop into a container, layered with baking parchment. Will keep for 2 days in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.5 g|
|- Sugars||0.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|