Grab a slice of this pizza bread for a snack or supper... Better yet, this is the perfect addition for your next picnic or gathering with friends or family!
- 500 g pack white bread mix
- plain flour, for dusting
- 200 g mozzarella, grated
- 10 thin slices ham
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- oil, for greasing
- 8 tbsp ready-made tomato pasta or pizza sauce, to serve
- Make up the bread dough following pack instructions. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle approximately 20 × 45cm.
- Scatter the cheese, ham and onion over, then fold up the edges so the filling is enclosed. Roll into a long sausage so it looks like a baguette. Transfer to a lightly oiled tray and leave in a warm place, loosely covered with oiled plastic wrap to puff up a little. It will take about 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan. Brush with some oil and cook for 20-30 mins, until puffed up and golden. Allow to cool a little. Heat the pasta sauce in a small pan until hot. Slice the picnic bread. Eat warm or cold, with the tomato sauce for dipping.
Fill this bread with whatever you fancy. Roasted vegetables from a jar and pesto make a lovely vegetarian alternative. Or try sliced olives, a few tbsp of pesto or some chopped basil.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||61.3 g|
|- Sugars||1.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|