On the table in 20 minutes, try this alternative to your favourite fried rice. If you're not a fan of seafood, try sliced ready-cooked chicken breasts!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- pinch caster sugar
- 800 g cooked basmati rice (about 250 g -300g uncooked)
- small bunch spring onions, sliced
- 140 g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets, flaked
- ½ cucumber, cut into half moons
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Tip in the eggs and swirl to coat the base of the pan. Cook for 1 min, then flip and cook the other side until set. Remove and roughly chop into ribbons.
- Add the curry paste and sugar and fry for 1 min. Tip in the rice and stir to coat in the paste, then add the spring onions and peas. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins until everything is really hot. Add the soy sauce, then gently toss through the omelette ribbons and mackerel.
- Divide between 4 bowls and garnish with the cucumber. Serve with extra soy sauce, if you like.
Peppered mackerel fillets would also be great here. If you’re not keen on fish, try sliced ready-cooked chicken breasts.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||163.5 g|
|- Sugars||1.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.0 g|