Feed your family a healthier option to the classic fish and chips, with this makeover. Better yet – get the kids involved in coating the fish in cornflakes!
- 2 large potatoes, cut into skinny chips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450 g fish fillets cut into finger -sized strips
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 140 g cornflakes, crushed into crumbs
- tartare sauce or tomato ketchup, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan. Put chips on a baking tray, toss with oil and season. Cook for 20 mins on the top shelf.
- Dip the fish strips in the egg and then the cornflakes. Lay on a rack over a baking tray. Transfer the chips to a lower shelf, then cook the fish above for 15 mins, turning half way, until crisp and golden.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.3 g|
|- Sugars||4.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|