Buying crabmeat from the fish counter? You’ll need two medium-size dressed crabs. Mix it up and either pot into six small dishes or into a jar for easy sharing.
- 300 g prepared crab, fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- 175 g butter
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- juice 1 lemon
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 18 - 20 large cooked prawns in their shells, to serve
- bunch radishes, to serve
- toasted rustic bread, such as sourdough, to serve
- Tip the crab into a bowl and check for any pieces of shell. Melt 100g of the butter and add half the chilli, the lemon juice, nutmeg and salt. Add to the crab and mix well. Pack into a bowl or jar, pressing down lightly.
- Melt the remaining butter. When it is foaming, remove from the heat. When the foam has died down, carefully skim off any scum that is on the surface with a teaspoon, then pour the clear butter over the crab, leaving behind any milky sediment. Scatter over the remaining chilli and put a bay leaf in the centre.
- Leave to set in the fridge for about 1 hr. Serve on a board with the prawns and radishes, with toasted rustic bread.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.4 g|
|- Sugars||2.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|