This easy-to-make brunch delight will become your go-to recipe on the weekend. Dress these pancakes with your favourite topping... we're thinking Nutella next!
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
- lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- caster sugar, to serve (optional)
- Put the flour, eggs, milk and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter. Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
- Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper. When hot, cook your pancakes (see tip) for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
- Serve with lemon wedges and sugar, or your favourite filling. If you're not eating straight away, once cold, you can layer the pancakes between baking paper, then wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 months
Pour half a ladleful of batter into the centre, quickly swirl the pan around to spread the batter over the pan in a thin and even layer, then pour any excess into a jug. Cook for 1 min, or until golden and ready to flip. To flip the pancake, ease a spatula under it, then in one swift movement, flip the pancake over. Continue cooking for 1 min more until golden.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||7.6 g|
|- Sugars||1.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.3 g|