This healthy rice and chicken salad is perfect for two – but if you're feeding four, simply double the recipe to keep everyone happy with their dinner tonight.
- 120 g brown basmati rice
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 140 g thin-stemmed broccoli
- 2 tsp miso paste (we used white)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook the rice following pack instructions, then drain and keep warm. While it’s cooking, lower the chicken breasts into a pan of boiling water so they are completely covered. Boil for 1 min, then turn off the heat, put a lid on and let sit for 15 mins. When cooked through, cut into slices.
- Boil the broccoli until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. To make a dressing, mix the miso, rice vinegar, mirin and ginger together.
- Divide the rice between 2 plates and scatter over the spring onions and sesame seeds. Place the broccoli and chicken slices on top. To finish, drizzle over the dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||53.3 g|
|- Sugars||6.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.0 g|