These delicious pancakes are the perfect vegetarian alternative to the classic crispy duck version – healthier and just as satisfying as any takeaway option!
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced (we used chestnut)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 Chinese pancakes
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 5 cm length cucumber, deseeded and sliced into matchsticks
- ½ Little Gem lettuce, shredded
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Heat a small frying pan. Add the mushrooms, soy, five-spice, rice wine, sesame oil and sugar. Stir until the mushrooms are cooked and the sauce is thick, bubbling and clinging to the mushrooms. Warm the pancakes – steam them or heat them in the microwave.
- Serve the mushrooms, spring onions, cucumber, lettuce and hoisin sauce in separate dishes, with the pancakes alongside.
- To assemble, spread a pancake, with a little hoisin sauce. Add some mushrooms, onions, cucumber and lettuce. Fold the pancake and enjoy.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.5 g|
|- Sugars||17.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.3 g|