This dessert is a taste sensation – simple and moreish. Any cooking that involves a bubbling bath of butter is OK in our kitchens!
- 4 slices from a small sliced brioche loaf
- 3 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 large egg
- 75 ml whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp butter
- icing sugar, for dusting
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- raspberries, to serve
- Thickly spread 2 of the brioche slices with the chocolate hazelnut spread, then top with the remaining slices to make 2 sandwiches. Use a large heart-shaped cutter to cut the sandwiches into hearts.
- Whisk the egg, milk, vanilla and caster sugar in a wide, shallow bowl. Tip the hazelnuts onto a plate. Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture, leave for 1-2 mins each side to allow the brioche to soak up the liquid, then dip one side of each sandwich into the nuts. The sandwiches can be chilled like this, covered loosely with cling film, for up to 1 hour.
- Heat the butter in a wide frying pan until melted and foaming. Add the sandwiches and cook for 1-2 mins each side until golden brown and puffed up. Dust with a little icing sugar and serve with ice cream and raspberries.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||19.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||55.4 g|
|- Sugars||37.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|