This beautiful pesto makes the most of the flavour and colour of this 'superfood' – kale. Serve with pasta or as a dip with crackers to enjoy the benefits!
- 85 g pine nuts, toasted
- 85 g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), coarsely grated, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 75 ml olive oil
- 85 g kale
- juice 1 lemon
- spaghetti or linguine, to serve
- Put the pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, oils, kale and lemon juice in a food processor and whizz to a paste. Season to taste. Stir through hot pasta to serve, topping with extra Parmesan and olive oil, if you like.
- To store, put in a container or jar, cover the surface with a little more olive oil and keep in the fridge for a week, or freeze for up to a month.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||1.8 g|
|- Sugars||0.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.4 g|