Packed with vitamins, a portion of broccoli supplies all your day’s vitamin C, making this dish the perfect winter warmer to help fight off flu-season!
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 140 g sushi rice
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250 g long-stemmed broccoli
- 90 g pack baby pak choi, each halved lengthways
- 6 spring onions, halved lengthways
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tbsp brown miso paste
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
- Stir together all the sauce ingredients with 1 tbsp water. Set aside.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil with the caster sugar and ½ tsp salt. Add the rice and boil for 15 mins (or following pack instructions) until just cooked. Drain well and return to the pan. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and sesame oil, then cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok until very hot, then toss in the broccoli and stir-fry for 2-3 mins until almost tender, adding splashes of water occasionally to create steam. Add the pak choi and spring onions, and stir-fry for 30 secs, then stir in the sauce and cook for a further 1-2 mins, stirring constantly.
- Spread the rice over 2 plates, divide over the stir-fry and serve straight away.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||85.0 g|
|- Sugars||26.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.3 g|