Glistening with tangy pink juices, beautiful blood oranges are only around for a short time each year – enjoy them while you can, especially in this salad!
- 3 blood (or normal) oranges
- 2 x 125 g balls mozzarella, torn
- 2 big handfuls rocket
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (black or brown)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Finely zest 1 of the oranges and mix with the dressing ingredients and some seasoning.
- Cut the peel from the top and bottom of each orange, then sit each flat on a board. Using a small knife, cut away the peel and pith from each orange, working in downward strokes all the way around. Thinly slice the oranges and scatter over a platter with the mozzarella, rocket and onion.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and eat with crusty bread, if you like.
This recipe is…
- Raw food
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.0 g|
|- Sugars||3.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.2 g|