Forget about your boring lunchtime sandwich, and try this salad with your leftover veg. Also a healthy option for date night – on the table in 10 minutes!
- 100 g couscous
- juice ½ lemon
- 200 g leftover roasted vegetables (eggplant, onions, capsicum, carrots, parsnips or butternut squash) (save any oil from the roasting tin to mix into your salad)
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 50 g goat's cheese or feta
- small handful rocket leaves
- Put the couscous in a bowl, season and add the lemon juice. Pour over 100ml boiling water from the kettle, cover with a tea towel and leave for a few mins until the liquid has been completely absorbed.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork. Toss the leftover roasted veg with the harissa and any oil from the roasting tin. Add to the couscous with the cheese and rocket. Pack into tubs and chill until lunchtime, or eat straight away.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.3 g|
|- Sugars||1.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.9 g|