Take time out over the holiday season with an American-style brunch everyone will love!
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon (or pancetta strips)
- 140 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas (1 mashed, 1 thinly sliced)
- 2 eggs
- 25 g butter, melted, plus a little extra
- 125 ml milk
- maple syrup, 'to drizzle
- Heat the grill to high. Arrange the bacon on a baking tray lined with foil. Cook for 5-7 mins until crisp, then turn off the grill but leave the tray inside to keep warm. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and sugar with a pinch of salt. Make a well in the centre and add the mashed banana, eggs, butter and milk. Whisk to a smooth batter without any flour lumps.
- Heat a little butter in a large frying pan. Once sizzling, ladle in small dollops of the pancake batter, leaving a little space between each, as they will spread out. Put 2 or 3 slices of banana onto the surface of each pancake and cook for 2 mins over a medium heat. When you see bubbles appear between the banana slices, flip the pancakes over and cook for 1 min more, until puffed up and golden. Transfer to a plate and keep warm with the bacon while you cook the rest. Serve the pancakes with the crispy bacon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.3 g|
|- Sugars||4.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|