Two great dishes combined, this mash is wonderful with roast chicken or British rose veal as well as sausages.
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 150 ml full-fat milk
- 50 g butter
- 1 large sprig thyme
- 25 g cheddar, grated
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- vegetarian sausages, to serve (optional)
- Put the potato in a pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Add the cauliflower and boil both vegetables until tender. Meanwhile, heat the milk with the butter, thyme and cheese. When the veg is ready, drain well and blitz in a food processor.
- Gradually add the milk mixture (remove the thyme) until you get a smooth, thick purée. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Serve with sausages, if you like.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||11.0 g|
|- Sugars||4.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.4 g|