Something sweet just for two – these puds are simple enough for anyone to make, but unbelievably good! Perfect for Valentine's Day or a special dinner.
- 4 tbsp dulce de leche or canned caramel
- ½ tsp sea salt, plus extra to serve
- 85 g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 85 g milk chocolate, broken into squares
- 1- 2 long, thin, plain grissini
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 100 ml thickened cream,at room temperature
- 50 ml milk
- Mix the caramel with the salt, divide between 2 small glasses and chill.
- Melt the chocolates together in a glass bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Snap the grissini into short lengths, then dip each end into the chocolate to coat a little. Sit on a wire rack for the chocolate to drip and set a little, then dip the chocolate ends into the sugar to coat. Sit in an airtight container lined with baking parchment and chill to set until ready to serve.
- Stir the double cream and milk into the remaining melted chocolate until smooth, then scrape into a jug. Slowly pour on top of the caramel, around the edges first. Chill the pots for at least 2 hrs, or up to 24 hrs.
- To serve, scatter a little more sea salt on top of each pot, then add one or two sugar-tipped grissini.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||24.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||96.9 g|
|- Sugars||88.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.2 g|