Layer up your salad for an easy, transportable and non-soggy lunch! The easy make is perfect for taking into the office, school yard or having ready at home!
- 2 eggs
- 180 g chat potatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 x 95 g Sirena canned light tuna, drained
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small carrot, peeled, shredded
- 40 g fresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives, drained
- Place eggs in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until firm. Drain. Cool in a bowl of water. Peel and quarter.
- Meanwhile, boil or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Cool. Toss with mint.
- Combine tuna, juice and mustard in a bowl. Season. Mix well.
- Divide tuna mixture between two glass serving jars (2½-cup capacity). Top evenly with carrot, eggs, spinach, potato mixture, tomatoes, onion and olives.
Seal jars with lids. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Any flavoured tuna can be used, if you prefer.
Salad jars can be prepared up to one day ahead. Store in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.9 g|
|- Sugars||6.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.1 g|