Perfect for St. Patrick's Day, these bite-sized, green chocolate mint truffles will be gone in moments. Making 15, they're ideal to take into work or school!
- 200 g packet mint slice chocolate biscuits
- ⅔ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Bailey's Irish cream liqueur
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate melts (250g)
- 2- 3 drops liquid green food colouring
- green sprinkles
- Process biscuits in a food processor until crushed. Transfer to a large bowl. Add coconut, condensed milk, liqueur and sifted cocoa. Stir until combined.
- Using damp hands, roll heaped tbsp of mixture into balls. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes, or until the truffles are firm.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove bowl. Tint with colouring. Cool for 25 minutes.
- One at a time, dip balls into the chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Top with sprinkles. Stand at room temperature until set, then store in the fridge.
Replace white chocolate with milk or dark. Chocolate topping can replace alcohol.
Truffles can be made up to one week ahead. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.5 g|
|- Sugars||22.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|