When you're after a lighter family meal, try this pan-fried haloumi & vegie salad. Kids will love the salty cheese, while still getting their veg intake!
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 200 g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 x 180 g packets haloumi, thickly sliced
- 160 g mixed salad leaves
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add zucchini, capsicum and beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and almost tender. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes, or until starting to blister. Remove. Keep warm. Wipe pan clean.
- Heat same oiled pan over a medium to high heat. Add haloumi in two batches. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk all ingredients with remaining oil in a small jug.
- Serve vegetables and haloumi over salad leaves. Drizzle over dressing.
Vegies can be cooked in advance and served cold. Haloumi is best served once it is cooked as it can become rubbery.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.5 g|
|- Sugars||10.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|