This freezer-friendly, dairy-free curry is perfect for taking to work and re-heating. With chicken pieces, and sweet mango chunks, it's a tasty, warming meal.
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 tsp jarred crushed garlic
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup korma curry paste
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed of excess fat, chopped
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 425 g canned mango slices, drained and pureed
- 1 ½ cups frozen mango chunks, thawed
- 1 sprig fresh curry leaves, leaves picked
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the mustard seeds and cook for 30 sec or until they start to pop. Add the onion, capsicum, garlic and ginger and cook for 3–4 min or until onion has softened. Add curry paste and stir for 1 min.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat with the paste then cook for 2–3 min. Add the coconut milk, mango puree and ½ cup water, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20–25 min or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the diced mango and curry leaves, stirring until mango is heated through. Serve curry with cooked basmati rice. Garnish with sliced cucumber, red chilli, lime wedges and coriander sprigs.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.1 g|
|- Sugars||23.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.7 g|