With plenty of Cajun spice, this freezer-friendly chicken dish with rice will be a family fave. With diced tomatoes, black beans and lime, it's full of zest!
- 6 chicken thigh cutlets, skin on, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 ½ cups long-grain rice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 ¼ cups chicken stock
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 400 g canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime, halved
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Add seasoning and toss to coat the chicken. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large flameproof casserole dish, with a lid, over high heat. Cook the chicken for 5–6 min or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate, set aside.
- Add the rice, paprika and cumin to the oil in the pan and cook, stirring for 1 min. Add the tomatoes, black beans and stock and bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan in a single layer.
- Cover with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 min or until the liquid has been absorbed, chicken is cooked through and the rice is al dente. Stand, covered, for 10 min. Squeeze lime juice over chicken and rice. Serve garnished with sliced avocado, lime wedges and chopped parsley.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||72.5 g|
|- Sugars||2.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.9 g|