This fast take on a family pie uses a tomato & lentil soup sachet, and is topped with a mix of cauliflower & potato mash. It's ready to eat in just 35 minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 420 g sachet fresh tomato, vegetable and lentil soup
- 250 g packet frozen spinach, thawed
- 500 g frozen mashed potatoes
- 500 g fresh cauliflower florets
- rocket leaves, to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mince and cook for 5 min, breaking up lumps with a spoon. Pour over soup and add spinach. Transfer to a 2L shallow baking dish.
- Meanwhile, heat mashed potato and cauliflower florets. Mix together and spoon over the pie. Bake at 200°C (180°C fan forced) for 20 min. Serve with rocket or a mixed salad.
Replace tomato, vegetable & lentil soup with a can of drained brown lentils and a small jar of pasta sauce if you prefer.
You can also sprinkle the top of the pie with some parmesan or finely grated tasty cheese. A stock of frozen vegetables like mashed potato, cauliflower and spinach are a great way to extend meals. Keep a few of your favourites on hand to bulk up pasta sauces, mince dishes and pasta bakes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.6 g|
|- Sugars||8.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.2 g|