For something impressive, easy and a little different, try this battered cauliflower fritter recipe. It's served with a crisp fennel salad and cheesy dressing.
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¾ cup ice cold water
- olive oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 4 cups baby rocket leaves
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp shaved Parmesan
- juice of 2 large lemons
- Steam or boil cauliflower until just tender, then let cool. Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, whisk self-raising flour with ice-cold water.
- In a small saucepan, heat enough olive oil to come halfway up the sides over medium heat until hot. Working in batches, dip cauliflower in batter and fry for 2-3 min or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and keep warm.
- Toss fennel with baby rocket leaves. Divide salad between plates and top with fritters. Drizzle with parmesan dressing (see below).
- Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste.
If you want a bit of spice, add 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes to the batter.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.1 g|
|- Sugars||2.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.3 g|