Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Fill apples with dried fruit, spice and sugar and bake them until they collapse into a buttery tenderness - ultimate comfort fare. Juicy, easy and delicious.
- 4 Granny Smith apples, or other tart apples
- 4 pitted dates, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped walnuts or hazelnuts
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 4 tsp butter
- Remove cores from apples in a neat plug. Use a paring knife to enlarge cavity to 2.5cm diameter. Score the skin around the circumference of each apple with a sharp knife (this allows them to split neatly around the middle when they cook).
- Combine dates, nuts, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Stuff mixture into apples and place them in a shallow baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Pour combined maple syrup and water over apples. Dot with butter and bake until apples are wrinkly and soft and starting to puff, about 50-60 minutes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||54.8 g|
|- Sugars||53.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.8 g|