Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
It might be old fashioned but a good quiche is gob-smackingly good. These ham and cheese mini makes are perfect for cocktail parties and after-school snacking.
- 24 mini tart shells (each 6cm)
- 100 g finely diced ham slice
- 100 g grated Gruyère
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml cream
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Place cooked pastry shells on a baking tray. Divide ham and cheese between shells.
- Whisk eggs with cream and seasonings. Pour into shells allowing about 1 tbsp per mini tart.
- Bake until filling is set, about 13 minutes for small tarts.
To make a family sized quiche - Prepare the same mixture and fill into a 23-25cm shallow savoury pastry shell. Bake as for mini quiches allowing an extra 10-12 minutes cooking time for the filling to set.
Be sure the oven isn’t too hot so the egg retains a delicate custard texture. Cooked quiches will keep in the fridge in a covered container for a couple of days or can be frozen. Reheat in a 160°C oven for 10 minutes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||5.8 g|
|- Sugars||1.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.3 g|