Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Perfect with a glass of red wine, this fancy pasta and mushroom main is ideal for date night. It only takes 30 minutes to make, but your date will never know!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed fresh ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 large flat mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 8- 10 fresh oyster mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp port
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 200 g -250g fresh tagliatelle or fettuccine
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Mix port and cornflour into a paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan and gently fry ginger, garlic and lemon rind. Add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes until mushrooms just start to brown and all their liquid has evaporated. Add stock and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Mix in cornflour and port paste, stirring until sauce is lightly thickened. Season to taste. (The sauce can be made ahead and chilled. Reheat to serve.)
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water. Drain and toss with the hot sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
If oyster mushrooms aren’t available use 3-4 dried mushrooms (eg porcini or shiitake) and soak in 1⁄4 cup warm water for about 15 minutes until softened. Finely slice, discarding tough stems, and add to the sauce (including the liquid) with the stock.
The sauce can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||68.7 g|
|- Sugars||5.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.4 g|