These crisp almond nougatines are lovely with a cup of coffee – the heady scent of almond and rich dark chocolate makes them a great pick-me-up, anytime of day.
- 3 large egg whites
- 130 g caster sugar
- 85 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 30 g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 100 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), melted
- Heat oven to 150C. Grease and line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Put the egg whites in a large grease-free bowl and use a handheld electric mixer to whisk until stiff peaks form. Add the sugar, a spoonful at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Use a spatula to gently fold in the ground almonds, almond extract and flour.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large round nozzle and pipe 5cm rounds onto the prepared baking sheet, a small distance apart. Bake for 45 mins-1 hr, until the nougatines are crisp. Use a teaspoon or the prongs of a fork to drizzle each one with a little melted chocolate and allow to set before serving.
They will keep for up to 1 week if stored in an airtight container.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.4 g|
|- Sugars||9.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.4 g|