You can prepare the chicken ahead to be cooked at the last minute, and also cook the tomatoes ahead if you like – just remember to save the juices. Serve with roast baby potatoes.
- 300 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 150 g mascarpone
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Parmesan grated
- small bunch tarragon, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp capers, rinsed and squeezed dry
- Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C. Tip the cherry tomatoes into a baking dish, add the olive oil and season well. Put the tomatoes in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Loosen the skin on each chicken breast. Mix 6 tbsp of the mascarpone with the mustard, parmesan and half the tarragon and season well. Spread the mixture between the skin and chicken on each breast and smooth the skin back on. Lay the chicken in a single layer in a large baking dish or roasting tin, drizzle a little olive oil over the skin and cook for 20-30 minutes or until it’s cooked through and the skin is crisp.
- Scoop the tomatoes out of their dish, shaking off the juices and keep them warm.
- Lift the chicken out of its dish leaving behind the juices. Add the tomato juices to the chicken juices along with the remaining mascarpone and tarragon, whisk them together and season again, and re-warm if necessary. Heat a little oil and fry the capers until they frizzle. Serve the chicken with some tomatoes, the sauce and a sprinkle of capers.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||2.7 g|
|- Sugars||1.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|